Our case tool manufacturers needed more time to ensure that the Wildlife Cam Kit’s enclosure is spot on, and we were delighted to see so many of our community support us, especially as we were concerned that many of you would have liked to have handed the kit to friends and loved ones as a Christmas present.
Yesterday we received the welcoming news that the tool has moved into the final testing phase and a prototype has been completed. We’ve received a series of evaluation photos and samples are in the post for us to physically inspect which we would like to share with you. There is also a short video available where you can see the tool in action as it’s tested to ensure the required quality is achieved and to assess if any further refinements are needed.
Our tool manufacturer is now in the process of assessing the tool, looking for any fettling issues, such as gating, venting and shut-off surfaces. A few tweaks have been suggested to further improve the quality of the final enclosure. We will also be looking to apply a “finish” to the enclosure to give it a cool matte look and feel.
We’ll continue to keep you up to date and we’ll report back on our progress after the Christmas break.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
The Naturebytes Team.
This last update was posted at the end of December, that was nearly two full months ago now.
I just found an update on your Kickstarter page (which I hadn’t received any e-mail about). I would recommend posting these updates on the naturebytes.org web site as well, in order to make the information easier to find.
We’ve moved all of the Kickstarter updates across to the blog, so now anyone can keep up to date as we move to complete the Kit’s case and finally ship the kits to our backers. Thanks for the suggestion and your patience.